Problem Installing Oracle Developer with Oracle 8i

From: milos <milos_at_statement.net>
Date: 23 Aug 2000 15:26:14 GMT

First of all , I am new to the Oracle products. My Oracle 8i installation went off without a hitch. Now I am trying to install Oracle Developer. When I get to the "Oracle Installation Settings" page, I use the following settings:

Name: OraHome81
Location: e:\Oracle\Ora81
Language: English

These are the same settings that I used for the Oracle 8i Install.

I then get an error message telling me:

"The location specified 'e:\Oracle\Ora81' is already used as an Oracle home for 'Oracle 816 Production' It cannot be used as an Oracle home for 'nt'."

When I add a new Oracle Home Name (OreHome81_dev), it will bypass the initial error but then tell me that there is a problem with multiple installations and that I MUST install developer on "OraHome81".

This seems like a catch-22 to me. Does this have anything to do with licensing issues?
I downloaded both of these items from their download site?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Milos
milos_at_statement.net Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 10:26:14 CDT