Re: Can I use personal oracle as client in 8i version

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:13:53 +0200

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:44:11 -0500, ns56645 <ns56645_at_swt.edu> wrote:

>We have 8 machines acting as clients currently. We are in the process of
>installing Oracle 8i. I have heard that personal oracle 8i can also acts
>as client. Is this true? If that is true then we would like to go with
>Personal Oracle instead of installing client.
>
>WhoKnows

AFAIK Personal Oracle is Personal Oracle. It will connect to it's own database and nothing more.
Apart from that it is clear that using Personal Oracle as a client would violate your Personal Oracle license agreement, and thus is illegal.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 00:13:53 CDT