Re: Detect SQLSERVER or ORACLE Being used

From: Peter Williams <pwill_at_telpacific.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:53:31 +1000

Hi Jonny,

        Firstly, sorry but I don't have an answer for you, but here's a couple of ideas: if the app involves a user, then can you ask the user to indicate which database is being used? e.g. MSSQL or Oracle, either through a menu or a couple of buttons on a form??? Otherwise have you considered using an .ini file with one of the settings indicating either of the 2 databases as the default db??? Just some ideas. :)))

Regards,

            Peter W. :)))