Re: Oracle8i vs. SQL Server 2000

From: <ContactUs_at_streamlineindiana.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 06:11:37 GMT

I'll tell you what is a great combo.... SQL and Oracle.... to give you one example we have a nightly file that updates a MSAccess database showing the last 100 days of records for a program called CustQ. This program has an Oracle back-end, but to show just 100 days worth of info in an MSAccess database the make table query or the update query took up to 8 hours to complete on a nightly basis. I have now mirrored the program direcly from Oracle tables into the SQL Server 7 database and it takes all of 6 minutes to update the last 5 years of data.... wow!!!

Just another thought.
Streamliners