Re: ColdFusion connect string for Oracle

From: Dan <djb0x7736d52a_at_scream.org>
Date: 23 Aug 2000 04:41:10 GMT

Charles Pizzato <cpizzato_at_optushome.com.au> wrote:
> I'm having major problems getting ColdFusion to connect to an Oracle
> database via ODBC. I've got no idea why my connect string isn't working
> as I'm using the standard one Oracle provides.
>
> If anyone has tried to get ColdFusion to connect to an Oracle database
> they'd probably know what I mean.

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I tried to connect ColdFusion to Oracle over half a year ago, and didn't succeed either. Actually, I shouldn't say *I* tried to - the effort was actually a combined one by me (a web programmer/developer, ostensibly), an Oracle DBA (generally held to be one of the best ones for about 2,000 miles) and a sysadmin. With a premium support contract from Allaire. ;)

We've since moved on to other solutions...

-Dan

--
Dan Birchall - Palolo Valley, Honolulu HI - http://dan.scream.org
Post your reviews; get paid: http://epinions.scream.org/join.html