Re: Oracle ODBC 8.0.5.0.0 driver not allowing setup

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:36:52 GMT

In article <39A19264.44869197_at_war.wyeth.com>,   cohend_at_war.wyeth.com wrote:
> I have experienced the following on two different Windows 95 machines.
>
> I installed Oracle Client 8 and Net8 and Net8 Assistant. The ODBC
> driver appears to be installed correctly, and I appear to have been
 able
> to add a service name, whose connection tests just fine.
>
> When I use the MS ODBC Administrator to try to add a new ODBC data
> source using the Oracle ODBC 8.0.5.0.0 driver, the setup dialog box
> never comes up. No error message shows up, either. I just go back to
> the User DSN tab.
>
> Any ideas on what might be going on here, and how to fix it?

It sounds to me like the ODBC Administrator is unable to find the DLL we ship that implements the interface. The easiest way to fix this is probably to re-install the driver (or, even better, install the most recent ODBC driver from http://technet.oracle.com).

If you'd rather, I can post instructions for trying to debug this problem without reinstalling, but it will almost certainly be quicker to reinstall.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Devlopment

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 07:36:52 CDT