Re: Where do you get Oracle ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:34:03 +1000

"Jon Temple" <temple_at_techie.com> wrote in message news:pqho5.7977$%O6.513061_at_bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I want to learn Oracle, starting with PL/SQL. My company will be getting
> Oracle in a few months, but I want to study now. Have a book which looks
> pretty good, but I need Oracle and SQL* to do the labs.
>
> Can I get a CD(s) with this on it? Does The Personal Edition of Oracle
 have
> the SQL* tool?

You will discover that Oracle Lite 8.1.6 is available as a CD if you dabble around http://technet.oracle.com. However, it takes weeks to arrive (I ordered one on a 'dare' from a student about 6 weeks ago, and it still hasn't arrived).

Lite is fairly fully functional.

What you'd be better off doing, however, is finding a friend who works for a company with a decent Internet connection, and downloading the lot on that connection (ie, the Enterprise Edition). They only need a CD burner, and you're off.

Regards
HJR