Re: I really don't get it: Asynchronous replication every 2 seconds

From: Sander <sorry_at_no.mail.back.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:06:24 GMT

I have to synchronise 2 databases (on 2 servers). If someone modifies a record it should as soon as possible modified on the second server. First I used synchronous master-replication, but the problem with that is if server2 is down, server1 will not modify the record. The same vice versa, if I modify something on server 2 it should be propagated as soon possible to server 1.

So I thought I will use asynchronous, 2 a 3 seconds, almost the same as synchronous.

thanks,
Sander