Re: Can I have left join or right join in Oracle?

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:30:04 -0600

The LEFT JOIN and the similar RIGHT JOIN operations can be used in any FROM clause to combine records from two tables. The LEFT JOIN operation is used to create a left outer join and includes all of the records from the first (left) of the two tables, even if there are no matching values for records in the second. The RIGHT JOIN operation is used to create a right outer join and includes all of the records from the second (right) of the two tables, even if there are no matching values for records in the first. (http://www.devguru.com/index.asp?page=/Technologies/jetsql/quickref/leftjoi n.html)

from table_a a, table_b b

where a.common = b.common(+) -- left join or
where a.common(+) = b.common -- right join