Re: How to detect the completion of stored procedures?

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 06:17:08 GMT

Dear Dino

 How are you? hope fully fine.

 Dear I have got a solution of your problem. What I understand that you want to keep the track of when a specific procedure had ran.So for this you create table having two fields "Procedure name " and "last_run_date", the you have to just add a line to the Stored procedure which will be inserting the Procedure name and current date and time to the table. Dont forget to delete the Previous entry of that specific precedure, the other way is the update statement, that you can update the previous entry in the table.

   I will try to get solution that helps you without altering in the stored procedure. I will let you know as soon I found.

In article <8nmnph$8ve2j$1_at_ID-41926.news.cis.dfn.de>,   "Dino Hsu" <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Some stored procedures may run for a long time. If we have several
 stored
> procedures jobs to run asynchronously, how do we detect the
 completion of
> these stored procedures? Can we somehow track the progress of these
 jobs?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Dino

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 01:17:08 CDT