Re: Oracle Lisencing

From: Stefan Roesch <Stefan.Roesch_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:51:08 +0200

bwperez_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Has anybody had any experience lisencing 8i Oracle Enterprise Edition
> for a hot standby server? It appears that Oracle charges the same
> amount Power Unit charge no matter if the system is actually online and
> avilible to users or not.
>
> $100k for a Hotstandby instance seems excessive when it will only be
> brought online in case of failure on our production server.
>
> Brian W. Perez
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

But you could use it for read only access. Therefore you have to pay.

The other option would be to use only the standby edition without the automatic standby feature.
In this case you would have to write scripts to copy the archive redo logs to the standby

Stefan Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:51:08 CDT