Re: Problem creating table with new account

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:52:12 +0200

You don't seem to have quota for the system tablespace. This is perfectly OK, as it is considered very bad practice to create user objects in the system tablespace other than objects directly created by Oracle products. Creating your own tables will definitely result in a) fragmentation of the system tablespace b) competition for resources in the tablespace.

In short: you are advised to create your own tablespace for your own objects, a default install has the tablespace USER_DATA for this purpose. To avoid creating objects in the system tablespace you should use the command
alter user <username> default tablespace user_data (or whatever tablespace you designate for this purpose).

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA