Re: Oracle8i vs. SQL Server 2000

From: Greg D. Moore <mooregr_at_greenms.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 02:09:24 GMT

ContactUs_at_streamlineindiana.com wrote:

> I must say, I have to agree with Neil on this issue. I work for several
> fortune 500 companies that use both oracle and sql server 7. They both have
> there good points and some limitations..... but most of those are going away
> with the release of SQL Server2000 and Oracle 8. However, SQL Server 7 and
> 2000 win hands down when it comes to end-user ease of use. SQL Server is
> fast and a non-programmer can program as well as maintain the server....
> something that Oracle can't match. However, I understand that oracle 8i is
> suppose to be more user friendly. Besides, many users have used MSAccess
> and the switch to SQL Server 7 or 2000 is simple for them. Just to add my 2
> cents.... <GRIN>
>
> Thanks,
> ContactUs_at_streamlineindiana.com

        One of my "favorite" environments (not being a real coder these days) is an Access front-end and a SQL Server backend. And being able to build a simple schema in Access and upsize it to SQL is nice.

        I'll admit, I've not looked for a similar tool for Oracle.

        (and if anyone wants to point one out to me, that would be fine.) Received on Sun Aug 20 2000 - 21:09:24 CDT