Re: Obscure Bug with Powerbuilder

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:19:48 GMT

In article <8nmig5$e5d$1_at_ruby.mint.net>,   "Dave Larkins" <davidl_at_mint.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am posting this message to the Powerbuilder site as well in the
 hope that
> someone may be able to help.
>
> I can demonstrate a repeatable problem where with an app written in
 PB7
> (8046) and connected to an Oracle 8i database via the 8.1.5 ODBC
 driver does
> not update correctly when a datawindow creates new rows at the end of
> table. This means that dw.InsertRow(0) doesn't work if more than 1
 row has
> been inserted. Dw.InsertRow(1) does work. This is a problem that has
> recently arisen, I believe something to do with 8046 and the latest
 Oracle
> 8i ODBC driver. Other drivers (Microsoft) appear to work OK.

If you can put together a reasonably small PowerBuilder app that reproduces this problem, along with whatever SQL scripts are necessary to set up the database, please send them along to me <Justin.Cave_at_oracle.com>. I can't promise much since we're a bit busy at the moment, but I'll try to take a look. Also, PowerBuilder isn't something we deal with terribly often.

Before you send this along, please make sure you've downloaded & installed the most recent ODBC driver (i.e. 8.1.5.6), the most recent MDAC (v2.5 http://www.microsoft.com/data), and that you've installed the latest Oracle client patch (8.1.5.1.1 I believe, ftp://oracleftp. oracle.com/server/patchsets/wgt_tech/server/windowsNT/).

Note that if you have an Oracle support contract, it would definitely be a good idea to give them a ring since they're much more familiar with troubleshooting these sorts of things whereas I'm basically competent to suggest updating every component under the sun.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Aug 19 2000 - 18:19:48 CDT