inserting file into database

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:48:43 -0500

Can someone give me an example of how to insert a executable or zip fille into an Oracle 8i database on a Sun box? I'm guessing that it would be considered a BLOB datatype, but not sure how to put it in.

So say I'm on my PC and running SQL*PLUS. I have an insert command like:

INSERT INTO filetable ( filename, description, fileitself) VALUES ('&file_name', '&file_description', '&file_itself')

Set them as substitution variables as I am trying to test this with user input thru SQL. How would I insert into file_itself a file off my local drive? Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Steve

Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 16:48:43 CDT