Cannot Delete due to ORA-00055

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:18:57 GMT

Hi,

I am running Oracle 8.1.5 on NT 4.0 sp6 with 1 GB of RAM. I have lightly used development instance that just started giving me major trouble. The only change that I can think of is that the NT guy changed the name of the computer the night before, so I changed values in TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA to match.

First I could not insert a single row in just one table in the database dur to ORA-04031: "unable to allocate num bytes of shared memory num, num, num". OK, so I increased shared_pool_size (in INIT.ORA) from 15728640 to 35728640, bounced the service and was able to do my single row insert. (Yes, it does seem to be a very big value for a fairly small instance.)

Then, I needed to delete a row of test data out of the same table and I could do it because get ORA-00055: "maximum number of DML locks exceeded". I have increased the parameter dml_locks from the default 300 to 600, bounced the service, but still cannot delete the row !

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Rock.

Init.Ora contents follow:

db_name = okrdata2
instance_name = okrdata2
service_names = okrdata2
db_files = 1024
control_files = ("D:\Orant\oradata\okrdata2 \control01.ctl", "D:\Orant\oradata\okrdata2\control02.ctl") db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8
db_block_buffers = 314590
shared_pool_size = 35728640
java_pool_size = 20971520
log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
log_checkpoint_timeout = 1800
processes = 59
parallel_max_servers = 5
log_buffer = 32768
max_dump_file_size = 10240
global_names = false
oracle_trace_collection_name = ""
background_dump_dest = D:\Orant\admin\okrdata2\bdump user_dump_dest = D:\Orant\admin\okrdata2\udump db_block_size = 2048
remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive
os_authent_prefix = ""
job_queue_processes = 2
job_queue_interval = 10
open_links = 4
distributed_transactions = 500
mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)" mts_servers = 1
compatible = 8.1.0
utl_file_dir=d:\orant\utl_file_dir\
open_cursors=1000
dml_locks=600

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 10:18:57 CDT