mutating table with trigger

From: <rlomasky_at_wellesley.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:04:02 GMT

I get a table mutating when I try to insert rows into this table. I have not been able to fix it.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks,
Rachel

AFTER INSERT ON technosurveyuquestionrelation FOR EACH ROW DECLARE
i number(2);
uquestion varchar2(10);

BEGIN
        i := 2;

        while i <= length(:new.vctechnouquestionid) and not (substr(:new.vctechnouquestionid ,i + 1, 1) >= chr(57) and substr(:new.vctechnouquestionid ,i, 1) < chr(57))

		loop
			i := i + 1;
	end loop;

	uquestion := substr(:new.vctechnouquestionid , 1, i);

	UPDATE technosurveyuquestionrelation SET vctechnouquestionid =
uquestion
	WHERE vctechnosurveyid = :new.vctechnouquestionid
	AND vctechnoquestionid = :new.vctechnouquestionid;

END; Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 16:04:02 CDT