Oracle and Role Mapping to LDAP Server

From: <sachin_h_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:52:58 GMT

Hi,

I have a couple of Oracle web applications that need the users to authenticate to an LDAP server (iPlanet or Novell's eDirectory). Once it is authenticated by the LDAP server, it can access the Oracle database. Every user has a certain role defined for him/her in the Oracle database.

My question :
1) How do I map the user (who is present in the LDAP) to

    his / her roles (which are present in Oracle). 2) If I create the roles also in LDAP, how do I map these roles

    to the Oracle roles ?

If somebody/anbody can shed some light on this, I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you,
- Anjana

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 17:52:58 CDT