Re: Select not locked rows

From: Anatoly Moskovsky <avm_at_trais.com.ua>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:33:37 +0300

Hi!

"Rognvald Bjarne" <wear_u_out_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:w8Bm5.16319$gUd6.75759780_at_news.randori.com...
> The first is possible--the NOWAIT will select only those rows not
 currently
> locked.

Really?

8.1.5
Session #1:
SQL1> create table z (i number);
Table created.
SQL1> insert into z values (1);
1 row created.
SQL1> insert into z values (2);
1 row created.
SQL1> insert into z values (3);
1 row created.
SQL1> commit;
Commit complete.
SQL1> select * from z where i = 2 for update;

        2

Session #2:
SQL2> select * from z for update nowait; ERROR:
ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified no rows selected

> This script is usefull for solving resource busy issues and killing
 unwanted
> background process made by exclusive lock.
I need some feature that I could use in an application, without grants on SYS's objects.

Bye Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 02:33:37 CDT