Reporting tools

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:28:07 -0400

I have a need to produce some reports from an Oracle database. It appears that I essentially have two choices for client-side reporting tools. I can either go with Crystal Reports or with Oracle Discoverer.

What I need to know is whether with either one (or both) I can use a stored procedure to insert data into a temporary table and then produce the report from the temporary table. Reading a temporary table is a no-brainer because it acts just like a regular table except that the data disappears when the session ends. The part I don't understand is whether there is any way with either of the two tools mentioned above whether I can run one or more stored procedures (reporting errors back to the client if necessary) before the detail rows for the report are extracted. Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 07:28:07 CDT