Newbie : PL/SQL Function Return value

From: Lee Staples <lee_at_cybicom.co.za>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:55:05 +0200

Hi. I've just started working with PL/SQL and have defined functions that return a string. The problem is I'm creating a view using a whole lot of these type of functions, and the view ends up having a large number of varchar2(4000) fields. How can I force the function result to have a specific size if it is not based on an existing field type?

Thanks.
Lee. Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 07:55:05 CDT