temporary tables

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:32:39 -0400

I'm still getting used to the concept of temporary tables in Oracle 8i. What I don't understand is how they are shared.

Let's say I create a temporary table owned by account ABC and for the sake of simplicity I allow public SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on the table. At a later point accounts DEF and HIJ log in and both of them perform inserts into the temporary table and then do a commit. Will both DEF and HIJ see all of the rows, or only the rows that they have inserted? If it is the latter, then if one of the sessions ends, will the rows that session entered disappear or will all of the data be retained until both sessions have ended? Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 07:32:39 CDT