Oracle OLE-db error

From: Wally McClure <wallym_at_wallym.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:37:24 -0400

I am attempting to make a connection from an ASP frontend running on IIS5/Win2k connecting to a development Oracle 8i R2 db running Oracle's OLE-DB 8.1.6.1 driver. When I attempt to open a connection to the db on the same system, I get the following error:
Error Type:
OraOLEDB (0x80004005)
ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

When I attempt to connect to a db on a different system, I am successful. Is anyone familiar with this error and how to fix it?

Wally Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 12:37:24 CDT