JDBC and result set privileges

From: <veraon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:39:28 GMT

Hi, hope to get help!

The PROCEDURE has cursor output.
TABLES, PROCEDURE are in SCHEMA1.
The USER1 has privileges to execute the PROCEDURE and select from TABLES. When I run PROCEDURE in SQL+ under connection of USER1 I receive result set and can manipulate it after the PROCEDURE finished.

When I run PROCEDURE from Java, application does not see already existing (no error message on procedure) result set and give the error message that table or view does not exist.

I can create synonyms on TABLES in USER1. I can use dot notation in PROCEDURE (schema1.table...). I do not like both of ideas: the code is not flexible and I should support synonyms for every user.
I would like to know if there are other ways to make it work.

Thank you!

Vera

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 12:39:28 CDT