Porting ODBC API functions (win32->UNIX) with Oracle

From: JS <totally_invalid_at_email.address>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:39:08 -0400

Hello,

I am writing some C++ classes that interface with an Oracle 8i DB. I am planning on exclusively using the ODBC API to do this. The catch is that I am doing my development on a Windows workstation with Visual Studio. However, I am not using MFC or anything kooky like that. All I am including (that may not be native C++ libraries) is <sqlext.h> (which #includes <sql.h> and <sqltypes.h>)/ But, these files are all kept in the same directory as iostream and "standard" files like that. Will this mean that these files will also be available when I port my code to g++? Let me know if I should just give this up now...

Thanks!

Jason