Re: Oracle Tutorial

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuchnospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:09:39 +0200

If you've installed the starter database (it's the installer's default and recommended for beginners) then you are in business. Start sql*plus and login with one of the predefined users/passwords (no host-string necessary)

scott/tiger
system/manager
sys/change_on_install

or start svrmgrl in your dos-box (located in oracle_home\admin\bin) and type:

connect internal/oracle

An online tutorial can be found at
http://www.grandus.com/info/Demo/menu/RelationalDatabaseManagementSystems.ht ml . You might also buy one of the beginner's books (search the online bookstores for informations and user ratings of titles available)

aperson <aperson_at_pd.jaring.my> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8n418r$ft$1_at_news4.jaring.my...
> I am new to ORACLE. I just installed a copy of Oracle 8i Enterprise on a
 NT