Re: ODBC Driver for v8.15

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

In article <8n1jqu$2jr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   bethc_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I just had a customer upgrade his Oracle database to v8.15. I don't
> know exactly what version he ran previously, but I know it was at
 least
> version 8.0. Some of the ADO code in my VB6 app now causes ODBC
> errors.
> The following code:
> Recordset.open "tablename", connection
>
> gives me an "Invalid SQL statement" error
>
> a where clause:
> where table1.field1 = table2.field2
>
> gives me an "Error occurred at recursive SQL level 1" and an "Invalid
> column name" error. If I delete the where clause, the SQL runs fine
> despite the fact that table1.field1 and table2.field2 are in the
 select
> statement.

  1. Can you execute the failing statement via SQL*Plus? If so, we can eliminate the ODBC driver as the problem.
  2. Are you getting the same error from both the Microsoft & Oracle ODBC driver?

> I've been using MS ODBC for Oracle 2.573.4403.00, but I've also tested
> Oracle ODBC 8.0.03.00.
>
> I downloaded Oracle ODBC 8.16 but discovered that I had to have
> Universal Installer to install it.

You should be using the ODBC driver that corresponds to the version of the Oracle client you have installed (i.e. 8.1.6.1 if you have the 8.1.6 client). The Universal Installer should have been installed on your system as part of the Oracle client installation.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT