beware of CAC !!

From: <bmeyette_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

Some of you Oracle folks out there may be contacted by a recruiter for Consulting Assistance Corp (CAC), based in Atlanta and Dallas, for either contract or perm work.

Based on my experiences with this company, I urge you to carefully consider their willingness and ability to pay their bills before you commit your time and/or expense money to them.

I did a few weeks of consulting for them in August and September, 1999. I am still trying to get paid. They still owe me several thousand dollars. The amounts they have paid so far were paid late, and after much hassling. They made a few decreasingly-sized partial payments in November and December, 1999, including one $5K check that was returned by their bank for insufficient funds. Their response to my calls about the bounced check was to refuse to return my calls and to hang up on me when I was able to reach them.

The CAC president, Ken Lockhart, has made numerous threats against me, on tape, including repeatedly threatening to come to my home and beat me up, for calling them to ask when they will pay my bill. In December, 1999, they promised to pay it off in full in early January, 2000, so I quit contacting them regularly about paying me. I talked to Ken 1/10/00, and he finally admitted CAC has no money to pay its bills. He acknowledged that he owed me the money, but he said he had no idea when my bill would be paid.

There was never a question about the quality of the work. Both end clients, as well as CAC, were very pleased with what I did for them. But CAC certainly seems to me to have a significant cash flow problem, as well as a problem with dissatisfied clients. One of their clients told me I was the only bright spot in their entire dealings with CAC.

As of 2/7/00, they claimed the one deal they were going to use to fulfill their false promises to pay off their bill "fell through'. They also mentioned that they owe many people lots of money.

As of 7/26/00, they have made one $1K payment and one $2K payment, for work done (successfully) nearly a year ago.

As of 8/11/00, they have made one additional $500 payment a few weeks ago. Subsequent requests for additional payments have been ignored.

BE VERRRRRRY CAREFUL IF YOU CHOSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!! Brian Meyette
Certified Oracle Applications DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT