Connection not responding using SQL Plus 3.3

From: DTMAX <XXX_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

Hi all,

Hopefully someone could help me with this problem.

I am getting this error message when trying to connect to a Oracle database through WAN - "ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name". This message came up after installing Novell Client for NT or MS NetWare Client. The reason why I have to install the NetWare client is to map drives on the NT Workstation box. The NT Workstation has TCP/IP installed as the main protocol to communicate with the database over the WAN. I can ping the Oracle Server with the Novell Client installed but when I tried to use SQL Plus 3.3 to connect the database, I will get the above error message. ????

Any solutions would be appreciated

--
Tony Mak
Services Manager, NSW