Re: Oracle8i/sqlplus on linux problem

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/08/11

Or maybe you have no write rights in the temporary directory... Maybe sqlplus doesn't know where to find the editor... Maybe you're not allowed to start the editor... Do you execute the sqlplus as the same user as was used to install oracle? If you use another user, make sure he is part of the same group as the oracle installer user. Also check if the user is allowed to execute the editor from the commandline prompt (probably vi).

Bastiaan Schaap
Oracle web development,
Desyde BV - Baarn
http://www.desyde.nl/