Re: Connection not responding using SQL Plus 3.3

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

Check all your tnsnames.ora file on the client machine. your tnsping and SQL Plus 3.3 might use different files, this is specially the case if you installed more than one version of oracle client tools on the client machine.

HTH. Guang

In article <v0Ak5.4$3G6.1493_at_news0.optus.net.au>,   "DTMAX" <XXX_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully someone could help me with this problem.
>
> I am getting this error message when trying to connect to a Oracle
 database
> through WAN - "ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name".
 This
> message came up after installing Novell Client for NT or MS NetWare
 Client.
> The reason why I have to install the NetWare client is to map drives
 on the
> NT Workstation box. The NT Workstation has TCP/IP installed as the
 main
> protocol to communicate with the database over the WAN.
> I can ping the Oracle Server with the Novell Client installed but
 when I
> tried to use SQL Plus 3.3 to connect the database, I will get the
 above
> error message. ????
>
> Any solutions would be appreciated
>
> --
> Tony Mak
> Services Manager, NSW
> The Computer Engineers, Australia
> 11/6 Campbell St
> Artarmon NSW 2064
> Tel 612 99013277
> Fax 612 94292801
> tmak_at_nsw.tce.com.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT