Re: Need help with a weird problem

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/10

"Patrick Joyal" <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I created a view called ViewUPC.
>When I issue select commands :
>
>select * from viewUPC ;
>select * from ViewUpc ;
>select * from VIEWUPC ;
>
>it all work fine, but when I use only lowercase :
>
>select * from viewupc ;
>
>I get a "table does not exist message". What's happening?
>
>thanks
>
>Patrick
>
>"She just love my big 10 inch
> record of her favorite blues" - S.T.

I think you need to provide more information:

What tool are you using to access the database?

How did you create the table? What tool, and do can you post the actual create statement code?

Try querying the sys.dba_tables dictionary view and display the table_name. Better yet might be to query sys.dba_objects and display the object_name, object_type for all objects with a similiar name.

It is possible to create mixed case names in Oracle if double quotes are used around the name in the create statement. This is normally a bad think to do, but it seems to be a common problem when Access is used as the front-end.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT