How to migrate to unicode?

From: Stephan Schaefer <stephan.schaefer_at_camline.com>
Date: 2000/08/09

I posted this question two weeks ago to comp.databases.oracle.server, perhaps there will be an answer this run...

Our problem is:
A Client gives us UTF16 formated data.
How to insert those data into 8i?

This question more detailled:
1)
Which character set should I take during "create database"?

2)
I use bind variables within embedded sql. I don't think I can copy the UTF16 data to the bind variable and execute the statement. But what is to be done?

3)
Which Character set should I take for NLS_LANG?

4)
Can I read those Data with ODBC on a japanese Windows NT?

Thanks,

Stephan Schaefer
camLine GmbH
mailto:stesch_at_camline.com Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT