Re: Help with INSERT & Subquery

From: <pmurnane_at_usa.net>
Date: 2000/08/09

Jonathan:

> Could you possibly bump up the counter in table 3 prior to
> inserting the data from table 1?

That might work! Table1 is pretty static, so the data shouldn't change much between the two commands. The only thing I'll have to look into is making sure two processes don't update table3 simultaneously...

Thank You!
--Phil

> >For NeedHelpHere, my first thought was to SELECT MAX(column1)+1 FROM
> >table2, then UPDATE table3 SET column = (SELECT MAX(column1)+1 FROM
> >table2). But since the commit isn't done until after the entire
 INSERT
> >has run, I got unique index violations.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT