Re: Help: huge amount of redo log switches

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/08/09

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:58:30 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>> > I have a problem on my development database. It's generating huge
>> > amount of redo log switches CONSISTENTLY which give me a large amount
>> > of archive logs(2GB a day).
>
>I'm sorry. I'm in a bloody mood, I guess. But databases simply do not
>suddenly take it upon themselves to start generating huge amounts of redo.
>A mere modicum of logical thought would reveal the truth of the matter:
>someone or something on YOUR side of the fence is causing redo to be
>generated.

'sOK, everybody is entitled to a day "off"! :-)

Not to add anything to a "development database" that is being used in archivelog mode! <sigh>

Sorry, bad day here too. Been fighting a PRO*C program and getting nowhere...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT