Segmentation Violation

From: Jay McDougal <jay_at_ee.net>
Date: 2000/08/08

 From: Jay McDougal 07-Aug-00 17:03
 Subject: Segmentation Violation
 RDBMS Version: 7.3.4
 Operating System and Version: SCO Openserver 5.0.5

I have encountered an OS error: 'segmentation violation' when attempting to run oracle executables like the exp' utility.

I installed oracle 7.3.4 on a brand new server with SCO Openserver 5.0.5.

The new server gives this error anytime I run oracle executables like the exp and imp programs under the cron scheduler.
I also get space
leak errors in the alert.log file that require a 'shutdown abort' and restart with instance recovery.

Anytime an oracle executable like the exp program runs for more than 5 minutes in a cron job under Openserver 5.0.5 and Oracle 7.3.4 the program will terminate with a segmentation violation and generate a core dump. Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT