Help : problem with using Rollback segment in Oracle Form

From: Pearapon Saerekul <pearapon_at_ksc.th.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

Dear All,

    Recently, I havesome problems about assigning "Rollback Segment" in Oracle From. I have to write Orcle application usinf Oracle Form that have to update data about 900,000 records.
I have specified using of Rollback Segemnt in "Pre Form" section of Oracle Form as the following:

BEGIN
DBMS_TRANSACTION.USE_ROLLBACK_SEGMENT('bigvol');

      exception
        when others then
             null ;

END;     However, when I ran this program to update for about 45,000 records. I got the error :
" ERROR R03 TOO SMALL". According to this error message, it seems that my program did not use "bigvol" rollback segment at all. Are there any other places that I have to specify the program to use "bigvol" rollback segement, which I think it is large enough to handle for updating 900,000 records I use Oracle Form Designer V.4.5.6.5.5 to access Oracle DB V.7.3.3 on SUn Solarlis.

    Please help. I need a solution badly. Thank you very much in advance. Regards,

--
Pearapon Saerekul
( pearapon_at_ksc.th.com )