?? change wildcard character from '%' to '*'

From: <subai_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

Hi Gurus,
  Does anyone know how to change the ODBC multiple character wildcard character from '%' to '*'? So that, using ODBC, I can send an SQL statement like "select * from table1 where column1 like 'ABC*' " that returns all rows that have values start with 'ABC' in column1. Can we do it through SQLSetStmtAttr? Or any other solutions?

  The reason I ask this is because in a certain table, I have a column that has strings contain '*' as wildcard character, and I am trying to joint this table with another table using this column, e.g.:

"select * from t1, t2, t3 where t1.col1 = t2.col2 and t1.col3 like t3.col3"
  t3.col3 contains these wildcard strings that match the strings from t1.col3.

  I was trying to see if CREATE TRANSLATION could help to translate '*' to '%', but this SQL command is not support by any major DBMS (like Oracle, Sybase,..).

  Thanks so much for the help in advance!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT