Copying one database to another

From: Shaikh Ismail <shaikhib_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

Hello All,

I have a database where constraints have been set on some tables. For example, rows in table A have a foreign key from table B. To import a row into table A, the foreign key must already be in table B.

I would like to copy this first database into a second, empty one. Using imp and a full import, rows sometimes get discarded because their foreign key hasn't been imported into the database. How can I specify the order that imp brings in the table -- without importing tables one-at-a-time by hand? Better still, is there a way to disable the constraints first, import the tables and then re-enable them? I looked at the dmp file and see that the constraints are created there.

Thanks for any help. Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT