Oraperl only works with Oracle Superuser

From: Marius Müller <marius.mueller_at_wieland.electric.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

Hi There,

I'm using Oracle 8.1.6 Standard Edition on SuSE Linux 6.4. I installed the DBI/DBD Interface for Perl 5. Everything works fine so far, but Perl only loads the shared object file Oracle.so, if I'm logged in as the Oracle superuser (not ROOT!).
If I'm logged in as an other user (i.e. wwwrun or even root!), and execute my perlscript using Oraperl, I get the following error message...

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i586-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

 at (eval 1) line 3

 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux/Oraperl.pm line 58 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at plzquery.pl line 3.

My Problem can't caused by a permission error, and the Environment variables of ORACLE are also exported.

Thanks for every good idea Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT