Help: huge amount of redo log switches

From: <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

Hello,

I have a problem on my development database. It's generating huge amount of redo log switches CONSISTENTLY which give me a large amount of archive logs(2GB a day). Why I say consistent is because it starts generating at 7am to 5pm on every 3 minutes basis EVERY DAY.

It's a very small database(only 1GB) with multiple schemas and the only users are developers. log_buffer=32768 and two sets of redo logs each 4M. I've asked my developers and none of them say they have a job running since 7am every day. And I don't think there is any large batch job because it's a development db.

I tried resizing(increasing and decreasing) log_buffer and redo log file size but it doesn't help. I think I need to identify the db transactions which are responsible for all those redo logs.

1GB database with 2GB archive logs doesn't make sence to me! Any help is appreciated!

Susana

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT