Re: huge amount of redo log switches

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

Mark,

The original poster does not seem to have any problems with the frequency of checkpoints. She mentioned the volume of archived logs as the source of her dissatisfaction.

Since she already tried to change the redo log buffer, she must have rebounced the database. That means that if there were any orphan connections, they have been cleared away. I would suggest to work with developers and to find out what is it that they are doing. The 'redo%' statistics in V$SESSTAT/SYSSTAT should help.

Regards
Karen