Re: Problems with Oracle and Linux ?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/08/06

        Until a COMMIT is executed, either explicit or implicit, the changes made in a session are not visible to other sessions, even if the other sessions are being run by the same user.

        I suspect that this may be the answer to your first two questions.

        To find errors enter the following command from the Unix prompt

        oerr xxx nnnnn

		where xxx is the 3 letter product code, e.g ora, exp, ldr
		      nnnnn is the message number.

	So for message ORA-03113 type in

		oerr ora 3113

On 8/5/00, 9:29:22 AM, Tor Arne Rein <rein_at_colibria.com> wrote regarding

Problems with Oracle and Linux ?:

> Hi,

> First, I am new to Oracle so it may be something I did terribly wrong

in
> my setup, but anyway here are my problems:

> I have successfully? installed Oracle 8.1.6.1 R2 on my linux box
 running
> RedHat 6.2. The box has 256 MB ram, and the kernel is configured to
> comply with the SHM settings recommended in the Oracle docs.

> I have set up a normal user that I have created some tables with (from

> sqlplus) and can successfully connect from both java (with the oracle
> JDBC thin driver) and from NT running Embarcadero DBArtisan with SQL
 Net