Re: Newbie Question: Create user with all rights

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: 2000/08/06

"Sander" <sorry_at_no.mail.back.com> wrote in message news:3985ea67.785861_at_news.a2000.nl...
> How can you create an user with all rights.
> I do it like this:
> create user "abc" identified by "pppwww" ........
> and then
> grant this
> grant that
> grant that
> but is there something like grant all ?

The DBA role contains all the system privileges (with the admin option, if memory serves). So 'grant dba to user' would do half the trick. Of course, that doesn't begin to touch object privileges (ie, rights to select from, insert to, update and delete from specific tables and so on), and there's no shortcut there, I'm afraid. Object privileges must be granted by the owner of the object (or by an administrator of those privileges).

Regards
HJR