Re: Oracle 8i TNS Error

From: Daniel Suarez <dsuarez_at_wishbonesystems.com>
Date: 2000/08/04

Both client and server on the same machine. The listener crashing I fixed. I believe it was a bad db since when I removed it and recreated the db the listener works fine.

I am, however, faced with the TNS error. I found that when I installed (attempted to anyway) the enterprise manager on this same machine the process does not finish because the TNS error and therefore, even though its there, I can not start the manager service.

Daniel

P.S. All of your suggestions have been great!!! Thank you. And thank you Oneil.