Installation Problem of Oracle 8i R2 8.1.6 in Linux

From: Jason Ng <jason_ncl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/08/03

Hi,

I have recently downloaded and installed Oracle8i Release 2 8.1.6 in my Linux box. I can now successfully start sqlplus, but I found that I can't connect to the Oracle server. The error message is:

ORA-01034: Oracle not found

What is the problem?

Regards,
Jason Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT