Select * and column names

From: Talar <talar_at_deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/03

Hi,

Unfortunately my knowledge of SQL is a bit limited at the moment. Nevertheless I'm in the process of writing an SQL parser that will pass the query on to an Oracle dbms by means of an external dll. Most of the things turn out okay, but i need to get the column names when a query-string like "select * from foo" is passed. A bit like SQL plus is doing if you run the above statement on table Foo.

Does anyone know of a SQL statement to retrieve the column-names?

thanks,

Wil Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT