The Returning Clause

From: Sam Habbab <sam_at_hasc.com>
Date: 2000/08/03

Hi,

Has anyone been able to use this clause to extract multiple rows?

I'm trying to perform the following:

update table1 set id = NULL for name = sam returning :<something here>;

Then I need to loop over all the updated records and call: insert into table2 values (name, id, sysdate, ...);

So far the oracle documentation mentions that you need to use a "bind array" but apart from dbms_sql.bind_array, I see no other mention to this.

I'm trying to avoid having to perform a select to identify the rows that were updated.

Thanks in advance.

S_at_M Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT