WEBDB: Can I run a stored procedure on a form field before Updating?

From: <bward_at_sapient.com>
Date: 2000/08/03

Can I run a stored procedure on a form field before Updating?

I've got an encryption procedure I need to run on a password field before I update it in the database.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I tried inserting the following in the " ... before processing the form" part of the the Advanced PL/SQL tab.

declare
  v_buffer VARCHAR2 (100);
  v_passwd2 VARCHAR2 (100);
begin
v_buffer := EncryptDecrypt.Endecrypt(l_arg_values(2)); l_arg_values(2) := v_buffer;
htp.p(v_buffer);
htp.p(l_arg_values(2));
end;

Any help is appreciated,
Ben

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT