Re: Oracle disk limit

From: Schmude <friedrich.Schmude_at_dmc-group.de>
Date: 2000/08/02

It's not recommended to control the size of a database by a storage limit.

if the database reaches its limit, every transaction which demands more space will fail.

if your database applications are not programmed properly, this means inconsistent data.

It will be your job then to convince your Boss it was the fault of the application.
This might be difficult when the application has run for years without major faults.

Normally you would just watch the database size regularly and cry alert when you see
when and where it will grow too fast.

Bella Pikovsky <bbp006_at_email.mot.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8m1h78$pil$1_at_schbbs.mot.com...